This drum kit is amazing. Let me tell you why:
- It has 1047 different sound samples, recorded from real drums and cymbals.
- You can choose between a 100 different pre-set kits and CREATE another 100 different drumkits, according to your personal preferences.
- The ride and crash are choke-able.
- The ride has a bell. WIN
- You can assign a layer to a pad, for example: Layer A is a crash, layer B triggers a cowbell sound. Hitting the pad will trigger both sounds at the same time. Wich means you can create and combine for more dynamics and depths in your snares/toms/whaevahh.
- Instead of just a 5-piece kit with hi-hat, crash and ride, you have a cymbal and floortom extra.
But it gets better: every rim on the snare and toms are separate triggers too, so I can assign splash cymbals, cowbells and tiny china's to them. Or big china's. Or a barking dog, or a gong, or African percussion thingies, or a whistle, or...
All besides this, there is one very special thing about the DM10 drum module. When you hit the pad softer, volume of the sound doesn't only get lower, it actually sounds like you're hitting a cymbal less hard! Just like an acoustic drumkit!
I think I'll post a small video of the Alesis DM10 Studio Kit soon enough to show it to ya!
Btw, my double bass pedals won't listen to me... Bolts loosening up all by itself! Damn... I guess that this was a 'cat in the sack', as I would say it in Dutch. Or in other words: failure-pedals.
Do I need to buy new pedals already? HELP!